Sunday, December 19, 2010

12/18: "This is the greatest LHE game in the world!"

So after taking the dog to the vet and finding out he had a case of "buffet stomach" from eating shit-tons of food because his food bag was open, I made it down to Capitol to play some limited hold'em. I had txt'd both Nik and SD earlier in the day and put the word out. Tommy said he would def be down to play, Nik was 50/50.

I walked into the cardroom and who'd a thunk it, they were both there. Tommy at 4/8 and Nik at 6/12. Nik looked meh, and he said he was stuck a bit and grinding it out. Tommy said the same at his table. A new table opened shortly and I took my seat with a bunch of LPPs and some reg's which I have put in some hours with in the past. need less to say I was very comfortable with my table lots of limping and check calling flops. All in all the table make up was OK, not great, not terrible. I played there, as I was fully intending to play 6/12 for a good while.

I think I chopped 1 pot and won another and after about an hour I was roughly even minus my omelet. I was 2nd on the 6/12 and was hoping to be called soon. Observing Nik's table it was pretty prime. A couple spazzes, an off shift dealer, a white laggy guy who would make some odd plays, Nik, older women who like to pay people off with all sorts of hands and then Davin Anderson. Davin is a pretty decent guy, for those of you who don't remember, he is the dude who was on the intro of the WSOP ME coverage who says, "This is greatest tournament in the worrrrrrrld!!!!"


Davin finished 25th in the 2004 WSOP Main Event and had been playing professionally in AC for quite sometime before coming to the west coast. Neat guy, kinda crazy, opened J8os in EP vs a straddle. But none the less he is definitely a solid player.

I take the 5 seat, to the left of Davin, Nik and this older guy Wayne who plays really good, or really bad. I haven't seen an in between with him. I loved my position at the table. It was a slow day and I either had premium hands or shit hands. Early on, I held with KK in a capped 5 way pot.

After that I had AA firmly planted in my anus by the laggy white guy who CR'd the turn on a paired board or KQ7K. From the looks of things, Nik was not holding at all and he finally was starting to turn it around and won some really nice pots finally hitting some draws and holding against the minefields.

At this point I am up about 70ish and get dealt AK of diamonds UTG and open, Suzanne the quite attractive off shift dealer calls 2 cold, and it is folded to Davin on the button who 3-balls, blinds fold I cap, and both Suzanne and Davin call.

I have played with Suzanne, and she plays any decent hand for a raise so and pocket pair, and hands like ATs, JT+ and any two face cards are definitely in her range. Davin, definitely had noticed that I wasn't playing too many hands at all so for him to 3-bet I am pretty sure he is not having trash in his range. I put him on 88+ and AJ+ which is less likely because I hold an ace.

So the flop comes J7x w/ 2 diamonds. I lead the flop and both call. I am particularly worried about Suzanne, but Davin I am concerned with. with the flop being containing the flush draw I would expect him to raise with an overpair or a set here. Him just calling makes me think that I am going to get popped on the turn if a diamond doesn't come off.

The turn is the T of diamonds making me the nuts, I bet again and am only called by Davin. the river brings an offsuit Q which does make some straight and I was hoping this maybe hit him and he would raise. That was asking too much, he just calls and says this is probably a bad beat. He did flash Aces to Nik and then mucked. I didn't expect that at all. I really figured he would raise an overpair and sandwich in the 3rd player.

After that there was really not much to report from the 6/12 game. Nik ended up leaving to go to work about 30 minutes later. I shipped him his secret santa gift of Red Dead Demption - Undead Nightmare and a 12-pack of...


Tommy text me and asked me to come sit with him a 4/8 for a bit so I did. The 6/12 game was getting a little slow because 2 people were eating and a few people were just kind of milling about not really playing any hands. I said fuck it, and racked up my $130+ profit and took the seat immediately on Tommy's left.

Tommy looked to still be hovering about a rack down at this point and just couldn't hit a hand. Well that was about to change. After me losing with JJ against 2 opponents on a Q-high board which I got to show down for free on the river which was nice, Tommy, a few others and I got involved in a 4 way capped preflop pot where I flopped top two w/ AK and then got turned by Tommy when he hit is set of jacks, oh well. Nice hand, if you were wondering he was getting 21:1 there, basically warranting a call with a gum wrapper and a uno card.

After that hand, I had blasted through close to all of my profit at 6/12. I was about to leave when I mistakenly raised TT UTG in a kill pot and got called by 4 people which was nice. I bet all the way and was good so that brought me back to even for the 4/8 session.

Tommy has been on a bit of a downswing lately and has needed to run better. He finally did just that and had some hands hold and eventually posted a winner for the session. I racked up an orbit later after getting 67suited snapped off by a turned 2 pair when I flopped top pair and a flush draw oh well, that's life.

Totals for the day were:

TSP: 6hrs
4/8: -$55
6/12: +135
TP: +80.

See you all next week, I only work 3 days, wooooot!!!

Short aside, its called a Christmas Party, not a Holiday Party don't ask me if I am going to a Holiday Party, I will tell you to fuck off.

-Out

4 comments:

Nik Santi said...

Haha I totally said the title of this blog to him

Nik Santi said...

Hey davin, this is the greatest LHE table in the world

Fender403 said...

I am pretty sure he didn't think that was amusing.

Also you just 3betting the shit out of him was fun to watch.

Nik Santi said...

Oh he loved it

And I three bet him like my first two hands back to the table. Both times they were big pairs. "Are you going to be doing this the entire time?"

Hahah