Friday, April 1, 2011

4/1: April Foolishness - A Recap of the 1st Quarter of 2011

This is gonna be a half and half blog. Half results up to this point, half a little monologue about the June 67 Vegas Trip.

Part One: Pokers

So, tbh after shitting the bed last October for the PE exam, I have put in shit hours live. Out side of the January Vegas trip, I think I played 2 times. The President's Day weekend when the Sac Town Crew met up w/ Barone, Luske, and Oak, and a couple other times outside of that.

Short story is that I have had a couple decent size sessions where I booked a win, and one where I got smoked, and ran like shit.

Oh well, that is life I am up almost 6 racks at 4/8.

And the other side of this thing is that I have been play more than usual online. Mostly LHE on Stars and FTP (standard), and some micro-NL on AP. So I really don't make a habit of keeping a lot online so i cashed out a bit which just hit my account, sweet.

From the other games category, I am really gonna hit the books hard and study up on Omaha 8/b. Its pretty much a good transition game from LHE. I feel that I have progressed to a point where I can say I have a pretty solid understanding of limit concepts and I can make the transition fairly well.

Enough of this poker shit....

Part 2: Monologue

Your legs have warmed up the most comfortable, familiar point...
You are sitting with bunch people from an internet poker forum
You aren't drunk (unless you are shifty, and that's an under-statement)...
"Waitress, 3 kamakaze's, 7 Newcastles, 2 Colorado Bulldogs, a cawfee w/ milk, skim milk, side of bacon well done, chicken parmesan w/ scampi."
"So what's in the mix????"
"Limit, Crazy Pineapple, O8, NL????? Nah"
"Tree bets"
"You are the worst."
"2 pair, 8 high?"
"Mbn!"
"Aye Yahhhhhhh"
Raise, 2-4-6-8-10-12-14-16
Video Pokers
Booths at Sapphire

Can you feel it??


Your bag is packed, it waits by the door. You make sure to check in to your southwest flight not 1 second late, you get the taunting txts from the first arrivers in vegas, you figure a cocktail will ease you tension. well lets be honest, maybe 2 or 3. The countdown continues. You get to work the next day. At this point time has seized, and your skin is crawling with anticipation and angst. Lunch time, hits, fuck finally you think only 4 more hours. Meetings, co-workers, and any resemblance of a productive thought have long since left your mind. You have officially transitioned into Vegas Mode.

Deuce's flight is delayed, shifty is shipping w/ 2 overs and a frush draw, rambler & turtle are being new yorkish, abbahs and his close friend shabba have checked in to a baller suite, santi and superdonk have touched down, reb is driving up w/o an ipod, eric has been 86'd from the wynn for no reason, dd and his accent are donutting their way across the country, ac is looking for love whilst in the cab from McCarran to flamingo w/ a random, oak has toted his Black's Law dictionary from nocal, fender has now landed and gone to bed... (sorry slinger, you haven't made a trip yet, you don't qualify)

But where are you???

That's right, its that time again. Vegas. Yup, it will be epic. I wish I could explain more, but I can't. You have to go.

At first, it was kinda about the moneys, then it was about the needles, then it was the food, and lastly and what it has evolved to, the most important thing, its about the experience and awesomeness that will ensue.

This is the big trip of the year, during the series. Here is bullet list of what will go down.

- Limit Mix Games
- Alcohol
- Tittays
- Bacon
- The Lux
- Stupid Randoms
- Ignorant Sports Betting
- Lodden Thinks
- Ball Busting

Did I forget anything??? Most likely.

Bottom line, get the fuck to vegas.

/this has been fender403 for 67suited vegas trips.

1 comment:

Nik Santi said...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so close already