Sunday, November 28, 2010

11/29: End to November

So after a terrible last session this past Saturday, I tallied up my results. Overall I ran pretty well for the month.

TP: +$400
TSP: 13hrs
BB/hr: 3.8BB/hr

Hopefully with the holiday approaching and the nights getting longer, I will be able to put in some work and have some long sessions and really push my game and though processes up to another level before Vegas in January.

----------

Online, I haven't really been playing that much at all. It goes in waves for me, sometimes I feel like I want to fire up a few tables, but I just can't stand not playing live. It is more fun and entertaining to me.

----------

On the strategy front, particularly I have found that turn aggression has been a little suspect in my game. I have turned it up quite a bit. I have gone for some raise/fold lines on the turn in spots where I felt that I could be showdown (semi-bluff) raising with the best hand and got burned for it. ROT? most likely but I like those plays sometimes.

Standard example:

Hero limps behind 2 limpers in LP w/ A6 soooted (raise pre???). 5 to the flop.

Flop: 862 (1 of my suit)

Checked to me in position, I bet w/ 2nd pair. 2 calls.

Turn: 3 (of my suit, I pick up nut frush draw).

1 Limper bets, 1 call, Hero???

Call? Raise? Fold???

I found myself in these situations at least 4 times the last 2 sessions. I kinda like to raise here w/ the NFD and there is only a 1 liner to a straight out there. Its possible we have the best hand, 1 limper in between might fold an 8 and we can showdown 2nd pair or hit our flush etc.

This might (most likely) is way off, but I just wanted to put it out there.

What do you think?

--------

I want to hit Cache Creek soon, or Cordova w/ the $200 Aces cracked that runs for 6 hrs everyday and $100 for the other 18 hours.

See you at the tables.

-Out.

2 comments:

Nik Santi said...

$200??? Aye yahhhhh that sounds awesome

I like a raise on the turn there soemtimes, but only against certain opponents. Reads would be nice. If this player is very LPP only betting out straights or sets then obviously we need to call and pray.

Aaron said...

I flat.

Good to see you're blogging again.