Sunday, November 21, 2010

11/21: Wait I had a blog???

Well, obviously, there is a a BLOG in here...

Where the hell have I been??? Well, to be honest, lots of fucking places in the last 6 months since my last blog entry.

I'll give a little Cliff Notes of what went down my last 2 Vegas trips, trip to Europe, P.E. Exam, and oh yeah teh pokers.

So starting off at the top the June Vegas 67 trip was my longest time spent in Vegas ever, 7 days, 6 nights. That is a long-ass time. Dare I say, too long. It went awesome though. Now since all of the guys on 67 are IRL friends, we found lots to do and talk about outside of degen'ing at the worlds most skill-related poker game...Cap NL Omaha, what a fucking swongfest. The world cup was in full swing, England lost, US won so that made us all happy except for AlbinoKid, who disappeared for a day following England's atrocious performance against Algeria, or Kazakhstan, of Tahiti. Oh, those damned Tahitians what a soccer powerhouse.

As for the poker, it has now pretty evident that the poker economy has evened up with the world economy in that the good 10/20 games of a couple years ago have dried up, and the 8/16 game at Venetian which was semi-decent last January, is now becoming a nit-fest and only a few live ones wanting to gambooool up. I think total overall for the trip, I had a slight loser like $400-$600, mostly from being hit w/ the run bad and card-deadedness the entire trip.

Greatest moment of the trip: Rambler losing CCR at the deli. Like 20 people in unison screaming "Yahhhhhhh!!!" at 3am in the middle of a packed Carnegie deli, soooo epic.

-------

On to my next trip, after returning from the dumpster fire that is Jacksonville, FL, I went to a bachelor part for 2 people. Pokers: +/- $0, meh, Sapphire was epic. It will definitely on the docket for the January trip weee. Everyone had an awesome time I a pretty sure of that. Shifty and my other buddy Nick are now married so big congrats to them.

/bachelor party trip
------

Europe: Where the history comes from.

Well, 2 days after returning from the bachelor party trip, the gf and I boarded a plane for Europe and a hosteling adventure. A quick run down of awesome points/cliff's on the trip along with the place we visited.

Land in Dublin: Proposed to Girlfriend, she said yes :fistpump:

London: Sick ass place, possible site of future 67suited forum meet, so clean, easy to get around, great eats/beer. Met up w/ Albino Kid and HG. Such great times. Thx guys for making it down to London.

France: Calais & Paris. FUCK YOU FRANCE...in the words of ahhhhhsht, "I hope you all get cancer of the dick and die." Worst.Cuntry.Ever.

Switzerland: Lausanne. Holy fuck this place is awesome, expensive as shit. How expensive you ask??? About $30 at a McDonalds expensive. I love Lausanne, it is incredible, right on Lac Leman, and great people.

Italy: Rome, Florence, Venice. Rome-cheap, dirty, great food, can be seen in a day. Florence, one of the greatest places on earth, best food I have ever eaten, very intimate setting but has the gypsy. Venice, a great place to get lost, and drink lots of cheap wine from a bag.

Austria: Innsbruck. Just like Davis, CA. College town, great breweries, strip clubs galore, and live gambling everywhere. Kick ass zoo as well.

Germany: Augsburg, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Cologne, Munich. All amazing places, met up w/ a friend from SLO, Thomas at Oktoberfest, just like beerfest the movie btw. Rothenburg, medieval village with walls still in tact, great night watchman tour. Cologne, stopped there for a bit, got to see the Dom, such a goth cathedral and pretty sick place.

Belgium: Brussels, Brugges. Waffles, beer, waffles beer, dutch people. Brussels in a town that doesn't wake up until about 11am and doesnt turn off until about 3am. Brugges was kinda meh to be quite from.

Dublin one more time for emPHAsis: Guinness factory tour, drunkards peeing on buses, and more beer.

Fly home. Amazing trip.

------

Well Europe was pretty much all of September, October was pretty much a polar opposite. I studied for 1 month straight for the Professional Engineers exam. Pretty fucking hard test. We will see how I did in like 3 months.

------

Pokers: SD and I had been playing pretty regularly up to the time of the bachelor party trip and I had been doing pretty alright. Took all of September & October off, and finally made my return to the LHE arena a couple weeks ago. November is going decent.

After looking at my records, it looks like I am up an OK amount for the year (for someone who doesn't really play all that often), somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5-3k. My hourly is about 1.85BB/hr, not Santi like, but I'll take it. I am really looking to start playing more, and improving my game. I really feel that I am looking at the game in a different light and that I am evolving as player, pushing edges in marginal situations where I was pretty unimaginative before.

So, I am going to try and get the blog going again on a pretty regular basis and posting strats at 67.

------

Vegas in a 7 weeks bitches.

/blog

2 comments:

Nik Santi said...

Man I read the whole thing, NO CLIFF NOTES NEEDED! 3k's nothing to sneeze at, keep up the good work!

NYRambler said...

Wait, me losing CCR was the best part?

Die obv